Grilled cheese is so much fun. They are simply the best food themed party I’ve had/thrown. It was popular when I hosted a party like this before. Maybe that’s why 54 people showed up to the 4th Annual Grilled Cheese party last month.
How it works:
Host provides sliced bread, butter/mayo for spreading, and tomato soup.
- Guests bring the ingredients for their GC recipes they will be making.
- Each guest prepares 2-4 sandwiches, then each sandwich is cut into 6 pieces.
- Have a prep station for guests to assemble their sandwiches, while 2-3 other guests make their sandwiches on the stove top.
- When the Sandwich is finished, put it in the oven with the rest of the sandwiches that are staying warm. Keeping the oven at warm or 200 F keeps them warm, the bread crisp and the cheese gooey.
- When the oven is full/everyone is finished making their sandwiches, cut them up and serve them.
Also, here’s an important poll that can lead to some very heated debate:
(It’s Kraft Singles, not craft singles. Like, those are very opposite things. I cannot change the poll though.)
Read on to see all the types of sandwiches represented…